interest in volunteering is greatly appreciated. A library runs on its volunteers!
Adult volunteers help with any and all of the following, depending on availability:
- Organizing & shifting collections
- Light office tasks (copying, cut-and-paste)
- Assisting with programs & storytimes
- Processing & labeling
Please complete the Adult Volunteer Application, or stop by the customer service desk at the library. Thank you for your interest and support!
WAFEL – Western Area Friends to Enhance the Library – works tirelessly throughout the year to support the library through WAFEL-sponsored activities, including the ongoing and biannual book sales. Visit the WAFEL page for more information and to join.
Volunteering at the library is a great way to serve your community and gain valuable work experience. Teen volunteers can help the library and count their hours for school, scouting, or other community service projects. Teen volunteers assist the library staff with shelving, programming, community events, special projects and on our book bus. We couldn’t do it without you! School year volunteer applications are now open for grades 9-12. If you are interested in volunteering with us, complete our online Teen Volunteer Application today.
What to Expect When You Volunteer at the Library:
- We expect you to show up on time and fulfill your responsibilities to the best of your ability and with enthusiasm (this is key!)
- We expect you to dress and behave appropriately as you’re representing our great organization while you’re with us.
- We expect you to have FUN (we certainly do!)
- We expect you to call or email if you find you can’t get here for an assigned shift.