Now Hiring Youth Services Library Assistant
Western Allegheny Community Library is a vibrant and innovative public library and we are looking to add to the team! The Youth Services Library Assistant will be fun, creative, and committed to library service. This library is a forward-thinking, energized organization and we are always striving to do things differently! We are looking for someone who is flexible, hard-working, organized, and most of all interested in a rewarding job!
- Possess a knowledge of library practices for patrons ages birth-18.
- Plan cool, engaging, and educational programming for patrons ages birth-18.
- Provide reference and reader’s advisory services to parents and children.
- Perform circulation duties including checking in and out books, shelving, and answering general questions.
- Interact extensively with the public and give consistently excellent customer service.
- Keeps current on library trends as well as trends in juvenile and young adult publishing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience with children, such as in an elementary school, Head Start, or children’s department of a library.
- Knowledge of social emotional development in children and young adults and experience working with culturally and economically diverse families.
- Computer experience with standard office software, including Microsoft Office products, email, and internet usage.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving history as well as personal vehicle. May be required to drive book bus to library outreach visits.
Some evenings and weekends. Benefits include vacation days. $9/hr, 20 hr/week. This person will need to obtain PA Child Abuse/FBI Clearances and PA Criminal Background Check before starting.
Position is open until filled. Interested candidates may email resume and cover letter to Youth Services Department Head Rachel Moore at email@example.com. No phone calls please.