“Tech Takeout” is a smorgasbord of gadgets, gizmos, and tools for you to take home (and bring back when you’re done, of course!).
Try Before You Buy: Technology is expensive. Thinking of getting a Kindle or Hotspot? Try it before you buy it!
That Thing You Only Need Once: As cool as an “Arduino Starter Kit” sounds, it’s not an everyday tool. We’ll get one and you can use it when you need it.
Enjoy Your Weekend: An internet binge weekend, a GoPro for your hike, a stack of summer reads on one device. A lot of this stuff is just plain ol’ fun!
So What’ll You Have? Here’s a list of the Tech Takeout devices we have so far…with more to come! To suggest a device to add to our collection, email email@example.com.
- Laptops (for in-house use only) – take your work to a tutor room or comfy nook at the library!
- WiFi Hotspots – free, unlimited internet on the go!
- Kindles – preloaded with a huge library of bestselling & classic adult & YA books!
- Kids’ Kindles – featuring a collection of popular kids’ chapter books!
- GoPro Camera Kit – including 18-piece accessories for creative camera work!
- Arduino Beginner Kit & Snap Circuits Kit – try some circuit building for beginners & make cool interactive electronic objects!
What If I Need Some Help? Most devices come with instructions, but you can ask at the front desk for information when checking one out, or call the library if you have any trouble using the device from home. Ask for our Technical Services Librarian, Heather Blake, for some expert techie advice!
And Now for the Fine Print: Tech Takeout devices are for Western Allegheny Community Library cardholders and must be checked out and returned at the front desk at WACL only. For availability or to place a hold on a certain device, call the library at 724-695-8150. Checkout length and procedures vary by device.